Yesterday, Tealight "helped" me cut up some scrap fabric.
Today, I put some of the fabric to use, taking my first tentative steps into the world of Arabian costume making.
First up was transferring part of a pattern onto the scrap fabric. I then stuck it to a cutting mat, using double-sided tape. For cutting I decided to try the little rotary cutter I'd bought at the 100 yen store.
Hmmm, it turns out the cheap rotary cutter may be cheap. This may actually be my fault, as I think I stopped cutting at the corners instead of going past them like I probably should have.
No matter, a bit of trimming with scissors and the pieces were free.
This is where I stopped for now. I've got to do some more adulting (boo!) before we go over to a friend's house for the evening. Not much to see here, but it's a start.
I wasn't sure which mold to use for my first full costume, but I figured a PAM is a nice place to begin.
Remember this post, folks! When I am making awesome costumes (years from now) this is where it will have started! ;)