It is modeled after real foal blankets, with a belly band and velcro closures. I was happy to find that some velcro I had bought a year or so ago is thin enough to work! (I also recently bought some online that is supposed to be suited specifically for such things, but maybe I don't need it after all - oh well, it will get used I'm sure!)
I also made another baby blanket:
In my typical assembly line style, I did a round of buckle making and hip dart sewing. Then I organized the last round of straps and buckles that I'd glued and pressed from the night before.
I'm planning to have at least the first few Stablemate blankets listed in my Etsy shop by the end of the week - including these foal blankets.
Now for a quick mention of two big announcements that I have coming up. I have been working on them quietly for a little while now and I think it's juuust about time to "go public". Though I am very nervous, I must push on through.
The first is an exciting (new to me) platform for building a community of creators and supporters.
The second involves... free horses - not for me! *hint hint*
Those are all of the hints that you get for now. I'm hoping to launch both of them by the end of this week/beginning of next week at the latest.