Sunday, November 26, 2017

New Prop Puppies

Tonight Jeff and I went out for dinner in the same mall where the store is that I've bought a lot of little figures.  After we ate, we went up to that store and looked around.  I went straight to where the animals are and looked through them all.  I found several that I wanted, but narrowed it down to just three.

First up, a Tanuki, or Raccoon Dog.  These are found here in the wild, though I haven't seen one yet.


Next up, Jeff was surprised by this one and asked why I wanted it.  I said, "Because she looks really sad and needs a home."


She has a cute little face.


Don't be sad, puppy!


Last one, he is definitely not sad.


It's a flying little long dog!


I'm thinking maybe I'll remove him from the chain and probably mount him on a rod or something so that he can "stand".

I was assuming they were all about 1:9 scale, as are most of the prop figures I've found there I think.

Then it dawned on me that I do have a way to check on that...  I bought a Breyer doll (my first) back at BreyerWest.

Yep, I think that scale works here, for a puppy for sure:


Holding the sad puppy:


Holding the Tanuki.  I don't think they are very big, so this might work.  Or again, could be a young one anyway.


I'm happy to add a few more prop pups to the pack!



As for our real pup, Max, he is still with us and still trucking along.  He has far more good days than not.  We had hoped he'd make it to our first snow and he's done that, even enjoying a roll in it yesterday morning (one of his favorite things). 

2 comments:

  1. I like all of them, but sad pupper is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear about the real pup. But I dare not comment on flying weiner dogs.

    ReplyDelete