Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A New Routine

I'm not sure I've ever considered myself much of a morning person.  It seems that "horseperson" and "morning person" should go together, but not so much for me.  I now have the all clear from my physical therapist to get back to some of my activities and see how it goes.  Late last year I did a number on my shoulder.  Rotator cuff tendonitis was the diagnosis and it has been a rough several months of recovery.  I'm at the phase now where I need to rebuild muscle.  The constant pain is gone and I have almost full range of motion again, but now that shoulder is weak from guarding it for so long.

Usually my morning routine is to stagger out of bed early with Jeff, make us a quick breakfast smoothie and then sit slumped over my keyboard, staring at my computer for a couple of hours or so until I feel "awake".  Often my day doesn't really get going until closer to lunch time.  Today I got up EARLY with Jeff.  We're both going to start getting up an hour earlier - he for his new job and me to head to the barn.  Today I got dressed, staggered to the car, and was off to the barn.




I've long known that there is something magical about being around horses in the early morning.  Whenever I've "had" to do it, I've really enjoyed it.  Today was no different.  I spent two hours out there.  I stripped Bo's stall, trimmed his feet, and gave him a good grooming.  At the end of it all, he got 2nd breakfast. 



I'd like to start my days this way now...  I think we will both be happy with the new routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment