Monday, June 17, 2024

Paint… Something

I haven’t painted in a little while.  Not since the rush for, and at, BreyerWest.  Been struggling a lot with imposter syndrome, again.  Feeling like I’m just, blocked.  I desperately want to paint, have a TON on horses to work on 


(that isn’t even nearly all of them), but I just haven’t been able to… 


Yesterday, particularly last night, it kind of came to a head as I was irritated, frustrated, not feeling well, and ended up going to bed early, crying myself to sleep a bit.  Brent was worried about me, he kept asking what was wrong, what could he do to help?  I kept saying, “I don’t even know what’s wrong.  Just love me?” 


But before bed, I had grabbed this little canvas I had got at the dollar store a bit ago and painted one stripe of a rainbow.  It felt good to put paint on… something.



When I cut out the base for the grass footing (in my last post) I used the rest of the space on that board to cut out a bunch of flower shapes.  I’ve found the shapes for DIY craft projects are very popular and I’d wanted to make some flowers for a little while.  



As sometimes happens, a couple of them didn’t pass my “quality control” checks, so I decided I’d try to paint them as examples for what other crafters can do with them.  


I’m back in the studio now, sitting at the painting desk.  I’m gonna put a little more paint on the canvas, the flowers, and then maybe a horse. 




No comments:

Post a Comment