Sunday, October 12, 2014

Formatting Files Forever

Well...  instead of working on the Studio overhaul (or unpacking), I spent hours (HOURS!) on the computer today, editing and formatting files for the laser. 

We bought a couple of big software packages a few weeks ago (hundreds of ready made projects for the laser to make).  Today I came up with a nifty way to format the files the way I want them to look  and also to combine all of the different sized files into fewer documents and folders. 

I was at it most of the day and I'd say I'm not even close to 1/4 of the way done, but I finally had to call it a day.  It was mind-numbing, repetitive work (I would have much rather worked on the Studio room!), but I'm glad I found a way to manage this HUGE number of files and once it's all done - it's done.  It will make things much more convenient when it comes to making these items with the laser in the future, so it's time well spent I suppose. 

Tomorrow I'm hoping to spend some time in the Studio, I really don't want to lose the creative momentum I had on our trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment