Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Model Stable Names - Thanks!

Thank you so much to everyone who commented (and e-mailed) me about their model stable names!  I really enjoyed hearing about all of them.

I've been giving more thought to what mine should be and I'm leaning heavily toward: "Blue Bennu Stables".  I've always had a fascination with the legend of the phoenix.  My (currently dormant) model/fantasy horse racing stable is called Firebird Farms and I thought about going with that for my model horse stable as well, but I wanted something a bit different.

The Bennu bird is the Egyptian version of a phoenix and may have even inspired the Greek phoenix, which is arguably the most well known.  In my research, I found it interesting that many cultures across the world have some sort of phoenix legend.  There is even a Japanese version, which I have seriously thought about using as inspiration, given my current location.  ;)  However, I think I like the Bennu the best.  One reason is that it is most often depicted as a heron.  The heron is a favorite bird of mine - since that is the last name (slightly different spelling) of my Granddad, Granny, uncles, aunt, etc.  "Horse Tender" come from a book of my Granddad's that I had read many years ago.  It seems fitting to me that my model stable name in some way be a nod to my Granddad too.

From what I've read, the bird who most likely inspired the Bennu was the grey heron, but I like "Blue Bennu" to be more like the blue heron and, well, blue is my favorite color.

Oh, one other thing, this name - or any variation of it - seems to be available.  In other words, I can't find another Blue Bennu Stables mentioned anywhere.  That's a plus.

Yes, I think I've just about talked myself into it...

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment