Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Do ALL The Things!

We are taking our first big trip in Japan in a few days - heading down to Tokyo for my first time ever.  (Jeff has been through the airport a few times now.)  We are going with another couple, friends of ours, and have a lot of sightseeing planned - including everyone's first ride on the bullet train.  We are taking the Shinkansen from here to Tokyo.  Truth be told, I am nervous about the trip.  It will be my first time in a major city in a foreign country and being that I am NOT a "city person" as it is, I'm still not sure how I feel about that.

photo from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo

In the studio department:

A few days ago I got my very first local cross stitch order here.  Someone wanted to know if anyone here did cross stitch and so now I'm working on a little picture that she wants to give her husband for his birthday.  Unfortunately his birthday is during the week we will be gone.  She said if I couldn't get it done before then it would be okay, but I've decided that I'm still going to try and finish it before we go, so it's not still up in the air.

Also, I've (mostly) decided that I AM going to send off some horses to be shown on my behalf.  Due to the trip, I need to get that all dealt with before we go too.  Without the trip, I would have another week or so to get my ducks (horses) in a row.  I want to make sure they arrive in plenty of time so I've only got a few days left to get them together...  and finish any last minute entries.

The trip is kind of putting a kink in things, but... to be fair, it was scheduled a while ago and these other things have recently come up, so maybe it's the other way around.

Anyway, I'm cross stitching like a mad woman, along with staring at model horses off and on.  It seems that my plans to start my duct tape empire will be put on a slight hold, as I'm thinking I may not have time to make anything (else) before we go.  Even if I did, I wouldn't be able to ship any orders until we were back home, so I suppose it's just as well.  Look for them to be available in early September.

Oh!  And the day after we return from this trip is the next vendor show we will be a part of.  Which we are so not ready for.

"What am I, some sort of wizard?" - Hyperbole and a Half

Back to cross stitch and contemplating which horses to load up for a flight back to the U.S.


No comments:

Post a Comment