For a while now I've been wanting to try to incorporate beads into some tatting projects. I did a bit of experimenting with different techniques and studying where the beads end up based on where they are added. Then, I set out on my first actual project - a bracelet.
Of course, my supervisor was around at least part of the time, keeping a close eye on my work...
and resisting the urge to get the string.... Until she just couldn't take it anymore.
MUST. GET. THE. STRING.
In spite of her "help", I got the bracelet done. Here's the finished product:
The whole thing stretched out.
One end detail.
Detail of the other end.
It is made to be adjustable, the toggle clasp can fit into any of the middle gaps on the other end.
This is the bookmark pattern that was my very first tatting project after Granny taught me the basics. I've made a lot of these bookmarks in different colors and color combinations. Last summer I had a few longer ones into these adjustable bracelets. I liked the way they turned out and then decided to add beads! I'm thinking I may make several of these in different bead/thread color combinations. I certainly have PLENTY of beads now... more on that in a future post. (they are other half of last month's supply score)