Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Gone and Done It

I have resisted this for a long time, knowing that I did NOT need to learn another "crafty thing" and certainly didn't have a reason to hoard any more craft supplies...  However, there is a drive going on here to gather scarves for the residents of a local nursing home.  I could buy them (and may still buy some...) but I thought it would be fun and wonderful to make some.  My good friend, Holly, is a crochet whiz, mostly self taught, and she's been offering to teach me for some time now.  I fought against it, but...

As of yesterday, I do (a tiny bit of) crochet.

Behold, the beginnings of my first scarf:


Still a little ways to go.


I'm hoping to be able to make at least a few to donate.  I'm getting the process down, but am still feeling at least half thumbs and I am NOT fast at it - yet.

I talked to Jeff tonight about how I only have a small selection of yarn in my "you never know" craft hoard- er, stock of supplies...  So I think I've only got enough to make a couple of scarves and they might not be all that great - cheap, scratchy yarn and such.  He mentioned, "We can always buy you more yarn."

Reeeally...?

Haha.

I will not start hoarding yarn.  I will not start hoarding yarn.  I will not start...


In other news:  Today was our first snow!!!



It's not something I like to talk about, but...  I have been going through some fairly severe depression the last several days, to the point of not wanting to get out of bed...  Seeing the snow falling for most of today was a pick-me-up that I desperately needed.  If you didn't already know - I love snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment