Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Goals for 2015

Of course now we are already about a month into the New Year, but... better late than never?  I had this written up during the first few days or so of January, but hadn't posted it.  I thought I might add some things, but I think this is probably plenty!

------------------------------------



Inspired by Janna at Shady Creek Farm and her post on 2015 Hobby Goals, I decided that it'd be a good idea to write my own goals down. 

I figure most of these will be geared toward my own model horse hobby goals, as that is where I really want my focus to be.  I've been working here and there on a lot of other creative pursuits, but my first love has always been the horses.


--- Keep up my blogging momentum.

Last month (December) was the first time I ever managed to blog every single day.  I'd really like to keep it up.  I enjoy blogging and it is definitely becoming something I feel like I have to do every day.  (not in a bad way - but something I really enjoy and look forward to)


--- Organize my collection of horses.

Several times I've started an overall inventory of who I have, as far as Original Finish, Custom, and in the body box, but I still haven't actually finished it.  It'd be nice to get that nailed down.  I still have some in my collection that are packed away.  I know at a couple of times I've sold some of my OF horses and I'm really not sure who all I have anymore from my childhood collection.  I like the idea of photographing all of them too, like Janna had mentioned.  It would be nice to make sure they all have names too.  Once upon a time they did, but now a lot of them are nameless.


--- Finish my Rio Rondo saddle kit and build some other tack as well.

I've been wanting to make tack for a long, long time and I finally have the supplies to do it.  This will be the year I dive in and see what I can make.


--- Make some real progress on the Stagecoach.

I'd like to see some real progress on this Epic project.  I'd like to get started on the team this year, maybe even finish a couple of them, and get started on the harnesses.  The coach itself needs a lot of work and while I'd love to finish it this year, I'd be happy with a rolling chassis and maybe the bare body of the coach assembled.


--- Create several new custom horses.

I have a ton of in progress horses and I plan to buckle down and get some of them finished.  Hopefully before the next thing on my list...


--- Attend a couple of live shows.

I've got my eye on a few shows this spring.


--- Work on some performance entries.

I've wanted to try performance showing forever and coupled with my interest in making tack, I figure it has to happen.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to have anything all set to go for the shows this spring.  However, I'd like to at least decide on the horses, events, start collecting documentation, and see how far I can get in the tack and prop department.


Last, but most certainly not least...

--- Finish all outstanding custom orders.

That is really goal #1 for me and it is something I desperately need to do. 



Non-model horse related...

--- Thin out my crafting stash.

I have a WIDE range of interests - and all of the stuff to match.  It will be hard to narrow my focus and get rid of things that aren't at the top of my list anymore, but it is something that I really need to do.  There just aren't enough hours in the day to do everything I want to do and make everything I want to make.  Model horses have always been my first love, from a creative standpoint.  Now that I'm back involved and going full speed ahead, I feel like I can let go of a lot of other things that kept me engaged creatively (off and on) while I was going through some very dark times.


--- Get ALL of my finished work posted up for sale/donation.

There are most likely hundreds of finished pieces in my Studio, waiting for a purpose.  This year I hope to send them all on their way, whether it be through sales or by donating/giving them away.  On that note...


--- Do more giveaways and donations!

I really do love to give things away, it is a lot of fun for me.



I'm sure I'll think of more that I want to do, but I'd say that's plenty to start with!

No comments:

Post a Comment