I tried to take a picture of the sunrise. No clouds this morning, but still some pretty colors.
I wrote myself a big to-do list this morning, first up was to finish all my in progress saddle pads. I had several that were stitched, but not done.
Here are the Traditional pads that I finished up this morning.
And here are the Stablemate-sized pads that I finished up. My little appy (from the body box) looks like he's shopping.
Next up on the list was to photograph ALL of my saddle pads. I spent over an hour doing that and it was quite tedious. Sometimes I wish I could hire someone to do stuff like that, while I keep making things. ;) I did take a fun picture at the very end of the marathon photography session. Here are all of the pads I have right now.
After taking pictures, I went back to the Studio and worked on a few odd jobs. The main thing I did was put a mane on a Stablemate custom. He is one that I prepped and painted several years ago and that's where he stayed. He wasn't on my to-do list for today, but this afternoon I randomly decided, "hair sounds fun" and off I went. He's at the hoof-in-a-light-socket phase right now, but I'm hoping I'll get his tail put on and then start taming his 'do in the next few days or so.
Check out his luxurious locks! (haha)
He is the first hairing job that I've done in a long time. I was nervous (I'm rusty!) but I think he will be okay. I'm not at all worried about what the rest of it looks like right now, I'll start trimming and taming all that hair later on. For today, my only concern was the off side of his mane, where it is supposed to look like the hair is growing out of his neck. I think it looks pretty good.
When I finally pried myself out of the Studio, I wrapped up the day catching up on some housework and starting an inventory for our laser business for the upcoming Stock Show.
It was a great day!