Friday, February 13, 2015

Model Horse Profile - Cassiopeia

For my second installment of Model Horse Profile, I decided to show and tell a little about one of my older models. 

Proud Arabian Foal mold, number 220, made from 1973-1978. 
(information from the Identify Your Breyer website)



She was one of the original Breyers that my mom gave me from her collection when I was about 9 years old. 


My Granddad helped to give me a love for looking at the stars and he taught me several of the constellations in the night sky.  One of the earliest he showed me was Cassiopeia, the "lazy W".  I thought that this little filly's dapples looked like stars in the sky and I decided that Cassiopeia would be a pretty name for her.


She's not in the best of shape - none of my old horses are, most of them were played with from my mom and me.  I still think she is a pretty little girl though and her name has special meaning to me.  I still think of Granddad whenever I notice the "lazy W" in the night sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment