Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Copperfox Challenge - Day 1: Inspiration

I just came across this:

Copperfox 10 Day Challenge

I really like the various 30 day challenges and so on that I've seen - though I've yet to take part in one.  They seem to most often be on Instagram and I'm still barely getting started over there (I'm horsetenderstudio, if anyone is curious).

This challenge from Copperfox sounds like fun.

Day 1: Inspiration should be easy for me, especially since minutes before finding out about this, I had just hauled my reference picture project into the living room to chip away at while I binge watch Heartland.

I'd have to say though that one of my biggest model horse inspirations, right off the top of my head, is Jennifer Buxton of Braymere Custom Saddlery.   She is an inspiration to me, both on the model horse front and for blogging as well. Her "tack tips" have been a massive help as I take my sporadic baby steps into the world of making "real" model horse tack - and I'm sure I'll be referring back to them quite often!

Another big inspiration, for customizing and sculpting in particular, is Rayvin Brewer of Khrysalis Studios.  Her recommendations on reference books, as well as her tips that she posts, and video tutorials, are all such a big help.

There are many, many other amazing sculptors, painters, tack and prop makers, as well as other non-hobby people who inspire me.

Thinking on it though, my biggest inspiration has to be: the horse.

My boy, Bo



2 comments: