Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Shopping Trip

Today I went out with my new friends here on an epic shopping trip in a local city.  I think we overdid it; I. Am. Exhausted.  I didn't buy much stuff, despite us going to a dozen stores AND wandering through an entire mall.  I was saving my money for the magical "100 yen" store, where I've found a lot of neat, crafty things.

One thing I've had my eye out for lately is polymer clay, or Sculpey.  I wasn't sure I'd be able to find it here very easily, by my favorite store came through again.  It was at the 100 yen store, in several colors and, I bought them all, including a few packs of white.


I've never actually worked with Sculpey - or any clay for that matter (other than the epoxy putty) - but I've been reading a lot about it lately for making cowrie shells and medallions for Arabian costumes and also for building saddle trees.  So I've been on the look out for it.

I bought 3 packs of white, then one each of: red, yellow,


green, blue, yellow ochre, brown, and black.


I'm really excited to start playing with it and see if I can manage to make some of the itty bitty cowrie shells and other fun model horse tack items.

Also, I looked around in the "nail art" section and found this pack of teeny-tiny silver and gold embellishments.  It includes stars, circles, squares, triangles, and so on.  I'm thinking they will be fun to try and add to tack.  I bought two packs of these.


All together, the clay and nail art packs were... 1200 yen - or $10.

I love the 100 yen store!


No comments:

Post a Comment