Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Video Tutorial #1 - Finishing a Cross-Stitched Saddle Pad

I think I made a video!  Okay, well, yes, I did make a video, but... I think it will work!  (haha)

Here's the first video tutorial that I've put together.  It shows, beginning to end, how I do the finish work on a cross-stitch saddle pad.  It is the same steps that I outlined in the tutorial post I wrote on here late last year, but with more detail and more of a "show" format, versus just "tell".

In it, I finished this saddle pad:


I couldn't decide whether or not to do the whole process as one video or break it up into smaller chunks.  In the end, I decided to do it all as one take.  Warning: it is just over 27 minutes long.  I may play around with filming another one in shorter bits and see which one I like better.

Or, you tell me!

Do you prefer to watch long "how to" videos, with the whole process covered at once?  Or are a few short clips better?

This was fun, if a bit challenging (and scary!), to do.  I'm already thinking of other videos that I could possibly do.  Who knows, maybe my little experiment here will become a "thing", somewhat of a regular feature.

Let me know what you think!

Without further ado... here it is:






No comments:

Post a Comment