Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Sick Day Number 63

Okay, not really, but it's starting to feel like it.  I'm afraid my blog posts of late are starting to sound repetitive (sick, sick, sick) and I'm sorry about that.  It's just a frustrating time to be hit with the crud, during my "last hurrah" of live showing. 

I accomplished pretty much absolutely nothing today.  The last couple of days I've been trying to make myself REST.  I did go to the doctor today, just to see what they would have to say.  Good news is: it's not pneumonia or strep throat, and I don't have an ear infection.  Bad news is: it's pretty much just something viral and has to run its course.  He did give me some meds to try and help.  I got a decongestant to try and help clear up my ear trouble.  One of my ears has felt like it's packed with cotton for about a week now and I was having concerns about an infection.  He also gave me cough syrup to help me sleep.  I haven't been able to sleep much in 5 or 6 nights now, I just cough and hack all night long.  I just took a dose of the cough syrup and I'm waiting for it to kick in so I can sleeeeep.

Tomorrow I'd like to start getting ready for the next show.  I have to make up my entry lists, then unpack and repack everyone, in order of their classes.  Ideally I'd STILL like to put the finishing touches on a few started customs, but we'll see what happens. 

Oh, today I did do more stitching on my latest saddle pad; it's pretty close to being done.  So I guess I did get something worked on today after all!  ;)

2 comments:

  1. That's how I've been lately. I feel ya. It gets better, it gets better. One weird thing that worked was drinking less than a spoonful of vinegar. Helped with my hiccups and a little bit of my cough too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I'm sorry to hear you've been sick too. :( It's good to know that it gets better. I figure it will - someday - but then again sometimes it feels like I'm going to be coughing for the rest of my life! haha

      Delete