Yesterday I decided that my first act of war in countering Resistance was to begin to tackle the epic mess in the studio.
I thought I'd start on my desk first, since that is where most of the creative work takes place. Here's a picture after said battle was well under way.
I've had the loose idea for a little while now to try and organize supplies by project or purpose. I've done a bit of that with the drawer units I have on my shelves. However, I decided yesterday that it'd be nice to be able to store project bits and references together.
My eyes fell upon my "rainbow drawers". I added two of these 10 drawer units to the studio shortly before our big move. So far they've been storing some random things, thought I did sort of already start the project storage idea by putting the Rio Rondo saddle in a drawer. During the move though, things got chaotic as I basically stuffed every drawer full to minimize what the movers had to pack - they just wrapped of each unit of drawers as one piece.
I wrote down a list of possible contents for each drawer and then stuck some quick, temporary labels on to decide what drawer might hold what.
Closest to my desk, a couple of the "Project" drawers.
The top few drawers on the other unit.
Feeling accomplished in my planning, it then occurred to me that there was a slight problem. Two of the drawers are already stuffed with leather.
Plus, in the closet, lies this pile.
And of course these: the two tooling sides that I got from Tandy a while back.
Okay, so my "Leather" will most certainly not fit in one drawer. I'll have to think on that some more.
About this time, I noticed that the studio fish tank was looking dirty, so I decided to clean it. That was the end of the day's battle.
The first skirmish was short-lived, but it's a start.