Sunday, September 4, 2016

Stitching Monsters

On the train on the way to Tokyo, I started a cross-stitch project that is... slightly different from my usual work.  I worked on it a tiny bit while in Tokyo, but finally finished the wee thing last night!

Ponyta!

I never was into Pokemon at all, until GO came out and I decided to give it a try.  I haven't even played that one much, because my old phone could baaaarely run the app.  Mostly it just froze and/or crashed.  However, I've got a shiny, Fast, new phone now, so I see a lot more monster catching in my future.  ;)  (I caught several more in Tokyo after getting the new phone)

As for cross-stitched critters, I started another one last night and he is almost finished already - as of this evening.  He's not as detailed, I'm stitching him on 16ct cloth, as opposed to the one on 18ct above.

Bulbasaur!
I'll be putting them both into frames.  The Ponyta I plan to keep, but the Bulbasaur might be a gift, I haven't decided yet.


(In reference to the title of this post - I have learned that, in Japan, another name for Pokemon is: "Pocket Monsters"!)

No comments:

Post a Comment