Monday, August 17, 2015

I See Crafty Things, They're Everywhere

On Saturday, we took a road trip.  One of the places we went to was called the Sannai-Maruyama site.  It is a National Historical Site where the remains of a village from the Early-Middle Jomon Period (5,500-4,000 years ago) were found.

I took a bunch of pictures (of course), but after I uploaded them to our server, my computer didn't want to talk to the server.  It turns out Jeff is backing up the server right now...  I was able to get a few pictures and I thought it would be fun to share the crafty type things I saw.

The visitor's center is a large building with a museum, gift shops, workshop areas, and a restaurant.  It is also the entrance to the village site.  Before going outside to the village, there is a big diorama of what is out there, or what was out there.


A closer picture of some interesting looking structures.


And here were those structures outside, full size!


The museum is full of hundreds and hundreds of artifacts that have been found at the site.  All sorts of tools, pottery, jewelry, and these:


Miniature pottery!  I thought they were really cool.


The whole place was really interesting and I'm hoping to share more pictures, once the computers start playing nice together again.


No comments:

Post a Comment