Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Whimsical horses

So much here in Japan is... whimsical.  Even something normally plain and functional, such as the barriers around construction zones, feature illustrations like gophers with hard hats on.

Very shortly after arriving here, I learned that there are images of horses everywhere in the area.

It's no surprise then, that my search for horse-shaped objects has led me to find some cute ones.


First up, an adorable little wooden horse, all stubby-legged, stubby-nosed, and awesome:


A Japanese racehorse!  Again, all stubby and cute:


My most recent find.  They had all of the zodiac animals on these little wooden charms, but they were all portrayed as babies.  So this is a foal!:



I'll certainly be keeping me eye out for more horse HSOs, whimsical or otherwise, and I'll be sure to share my findings.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment