Sunday, June 9, 2024

Make A Decision

A big problem for me is "decision paralysis".  I struggle with decisions, large and small. 

I have a lot of Stablemates...  a LOT.  For...  years now, I've wondered what to do about how quite a few in my OF collection just don't have much meaning for me.  I have considered selling those, several times now, but the idea of selling a bunch of OF Stablemates just seems tedious with a capital T.  It's hard enough for me to get around to selling off Traditional scale horses and all the things I make to sell! 

This "problem" had initially been pondered by me 10 years ago.  At that point, I had decided that any unwanted SMs I had were worth more to me as future custom projects than for the few dollars they might bring in sold as is.  Yet they stayed in the "OF collection".   

To the point where I am drowning in SMs, mostly taking up a bunch of the horse holders I've made.  I also have a bunch in a box, still packed from my two moves in the past two years, but I don't talk about them.  Ooops, I just did.    

Here's a random stack of holders in the studio:   


Then one shelf that the holders were initially made for:


And the other shelf, mostly full of holders:


So - and this may seem off topic, but stick with me - last year I bought a toaster oven at a thrift store, specifically for branching into making some things with polymer clay.  (top of the list are cowries and medallions for Arabian costumes and so on)   

Anyway, I was working on clearing out the garage a few days ago and there was the toaster oven, because I still hadn't found a place for it in the studio.  Instead of moving it to another place, not in the studio - or setting it on the floor in the studio, I thought about where I might actually want it IN the studio.  

Then I decided to finally do something about TOO MANY Stablemates!

I grabbed a small empty tote and filled it with OFs I don't want, at least until I'd made some room.  I went through all the holders, and shuffled tiny horses around, until I was able to move that first pile of holders (now empty) out of the way.  

Hey, look at that, there's a toaster oven in the studio now.  No, it won't stay here up when I use it.  This general area is where I think it will be, on this desk, after I finish clearing it off.  


The goal for the studio, and I'm mostly sorta there, is to have separate desks set up for different stages.  I have a tack desk and painting desk.  I want a dedicated sculpting desk and I think that will be where I put the toaster oven.  

Now... about that painting desk...

Next, I need to address this particular traffic jam...  ha!



1 comment:

  1. Nice wave of action there! A toaster oven is so efficient! My mom loved using hers. As for clearing out, that is something we all deal with. I finally made space for more puzzles. A piece here, a piece there... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete