Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Quick Post and Some Ideas

Jeff and I have now both been sucked into Minecraft...  The last few days it has been snowing quite a bit outside.  Monday was a snow day for most everyone around here.  So we sat at home and played the game.  Then the last couple of days, he's come home from work and we start playing... and don't quit until it's time for bed.  Today is a nice, sunny (windy) day and I'm hoping to be more productive!

As always, I have a PILE of finished items that need to be listed for sale.  I've been toying with the idea of doing some giveaways.  Maybe a weekly or bi-weekly thing on Facebook.  I've also been thinking about listing one new item a day and "announcing" it here and/or on Facebook to: 1) give me fresh things to write about and 2) start working through the backlog of finished work.  I really, REALLY like making things, but the photographing, formatting pictures, typing up listings, and so on are usually quite tedious for me.  It's a necessary evil I suppose, unless I want to be buried in all of the goodies I've been cranking out over the years!

In the spirit of all of that - Here is my most recent listing to ArtFire, a colorful carousel horse card:




I've also considered starting some themes for this blog, inspired by what other people do on their blogs.  Maybe something for certain days of the week.  Such as: Thankful Thursday (or Throwback Thursday), Wordless Wednesday, etc.  I don't think I've ever actually done tutorials, but maybe a Tutorial Tuesday would be fun if I could think of some things to share.  It seems I have trouble remembering to post every day (that is my goal!), maybe something fun like that - with preset topics for at least some of the days - would help. 

Ok, I'm going to stop rambling and head for the craft room!

No comments:

Post a Comment