Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Somewhat Sidetracked, but still Crafting

Yesterday was sort of an "off" day for me.  I just didn't feel up to doing much.  I slept horribly the night before and was awaked a couple times during the night by horrible nightmares.  So yesterday morning I put on a movie and got out some yarn to start braiding. 

For ages now I've wanted to play around with making an Arabian native style costume for my Arabian mare, Leah.  If not a full costume, than at least some pretty accents like a halter and breastcollar with tassels and beads and so on.  So yesterday, on my slump day, I watched 3 movies and braided a 33 foot long rope out of purple yarn. 

I've been making yarn rope since I was a kid, many of my early dog leashes were in fact made from yarn I had braided. 

The rope I finished yesterday is a basic triple braid, made from 9 strands of yarn and is just shy of 3/8" wide.  I plan to either continue braiding it to triple the width, or to layer it on another material and sew two or three widths of it alongside each other. 

So I suppose I was sidetracked yesterday, having not completed any tasks for the Studio.  But it felt good to make some progress on a project that I've had in the back of my mind for almost 10 years now!

No comments:

Post a Comment