Monday, January 1, 2024

Model Horse Monday: New Year, New Work

Squeaking in just before the day is done to say: Happy New Year!

Also, I'm kicking off the year with a bang.  Here are several custom stablemates, which were finished at the end of 2023 and photographed today, the first day of 2024.  





These two I had done a few years or so ago, but I recently did a bit more work on them, and then resealed them in glossy:



You might notice something about all of them - they are all fantasy or decorator colors.  I decided to try and shake myself out of a painting funk a little over a month ago by trying some unrealistic colors and, it worked!  After all, as I joked on my Facebook page, it's hard to paint a hot pink horse unrealistically.  I've been working on several realistic colored custom horses too, both old and new.  I've been trying some new techniques, have made some brand new discoveries, and I'm really excited about the new finish work that will be coming from my studio!  

All of the colorful guys, and girls, up above are sales pieces.  I'm undecided if they will be listed in my Etsy shop or my studio store.  My shop on Etsy has been a bit neglected for a while, but I'll be stocking it up again soon.

In case you didn't know, I have my own website store, here's the link: horsetenderstudio.com  It's a work in progress (as is everything) but I've got quite a bit of things listed on there already: saddle stands, micro shelves, custom horses, tack, tatted ornaments, and some laser things.  


Happy 2024!  :) 


1 comment:

  1. As one who loves blues and charcoals, these certainly caught my eye! The gloss is fantastic!! The gold hooves on the pinks are just right too.

    ReplyDelete