Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sick Day - Part Two

Yesterday was another day spent on the couch with my Kitten, feeling not so hot.  I got some more work done on the latest cross-stitch saddle pad.  I also took a few quick pictures of the other 18-count pads I've made so far.  None of them are fully finished yet, as far as cut out and a backing put on, but the stitching is done.

Here's the one I'm working on now, after yesterday's work:



This is the one I most recently finished stitching  The colors were inspired by my favorite stone, lapis lazuli.  The colors are deeper than this picture shows.  This was also the first time I used metallic thread - the gold in this one is metallic:



This one is a design that I did a couple of times on 14-count cloth and liked it a lot, so I decided to do an 18-count version:



These two were my first 18-count tries.  I had bought a new pack of floss with a lot of bright colors and I was dying to use the purple and pinks.  So here we go!:




I'm feeling a little better today and don't have much choice but to get back in gear.  I have to go to town for an Orientation for a class I'll be starting.  Then when I get home this afternoon, I'm hoping to spend some time in the Studio room again, working on the continuing (never ending) organization crusade!



No comments:

Post a Comment