Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Day Out

Today we went on the aforementioned family outing and ended up wandering around a shopping district.  We all ate too much food, saw a lot of new stuff, ate more food, and bought some things. 

Our first stop was a used book store were, of course, I found a horse book I had to have.  It looks like it will be a great reference book for all things model horse - customizing, prop making, and so on.

Later, I discovered an awesome store that is all craft supplies and it turned out everything there was donated.  That explained the eclectic mix of things I saw in there - everything from seemingly new fabrics and yard to tattered old hardback books.  There was a bin of "Bargain Books" out front - 50 cents a piece!  I dug through there and ended up with a stack of needlepoint, cross-stitch, and a couple of sewing books too.




Of course I need more books like I need a hole in the head, but I couldn't pass them up for the price!

I also found a few other things there: a pack of earth tones sewing thread for fly tying (that's a different post for a different day), a spool of thin black ribbon for card making, a couple rolls of beautiful tatting thread (pink and golden yellow), and... a beautiful antique tatting shuttle!  All of that, books and all, for $11.

The rest of the craft store findings - with the horse book from the used book store:




It was a fun day out and it's always neat to find more crafty stuff.  Tomorrow I am planning a marathon model horse and laser day in the shop with the view...  It might be my last chance to get work done on this trip.  On Thursday we need to start packing up for the epic journey home.  It took us 28 hours non-stop to get here, I'm hoping we can shorten that a bit on the return trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment