Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Laser Day

Today has turned into a laser day.  Well, yesterday was too, but only because of technical difficulties.  I was working with (or battling against) the laser all day yesterday with not much to show for it.  Jeff came home last night and did some computer magic and today the infernal machine seems to be cooperating again.

I'm making a bunch more things to take with me to the next show - and to list for sale online when I get back home.  I've got a lot to do today and am trying to chip away at it.  The washer and dryer are running, laser is running, and I'm getting ready to start getting my entries for the show unpacked, organized, and repacked.  The class list is a bit different for this one, so unfortunately I can't just take what I've already got packed from the last show.  I am thinking about taking even MORE horses though to maybe see if I can sell some of the ones I've been thinking of selling.  Also, inspired by the horse trading that went on at the last show, I'd like to have more horses to trade if the opportunity comes up again. 

I'm looking forward to the trip, though I'm not necessarily looking forward to the 16 hour drive.  I think it will still be fun though.  I'm trying to find some things to stop and see along the way if I get the chance.  Usually when I'm on a trip, it's "pedal to the metal", trying to get where I'm going, only stopping for fuel and the bathroom.  This time I'm planning to take my time on the drive so that, hopefully, I'm not completely wrecked on Saturday at the show - or when I'm trying to visit my daughter.  I haven't seen her since she was a year old..  She's ten now.  I'm anxious to see her and I hope everything goes well. 

I guess I'd better get back to work, there's still a lot to do today.  Tomorrow I hit the road.



1 comment: