Thursday, February 5, 2015

Day Seven - Surprise Rodeo!

Today was a busy day at the stock show and right at the end the owners of the barn where I board Bo stopped by our booth and handed me two tickets for tonight's rodeo!  Jeff, my friend Heather, and I already went to the rodeo last night - it was fun.  Today was Jeff's day off, so it was just Heather and I manning the booth.  So...  Heather and I got to see another rodeo!  This was a combined PRCA Rodeo and Ranch Rodeo, there was a LOT to see.  I'll have more pictures to share for later, but for now...

A pretty bay I spotted in the staging area tonight

Speaking of bays, another vendor stopped by to visit with us tonight and he noticed my little herd of custom horses.  He was admiring the blood bays in particular (there are 3 of them in the herd - it's always been one of my favorite colors to paint).  He told me about how he once trained a blood bay stallion when he was younger and how much he admired that horse.  He's a nice guy, always cheerful and says good morning and visits with all of the other vendors in our area of the trade show.  I'm thinking I'll give him one of my little blood bay horses, probably one of the stallions.

2 comments:

  1. That's so nice of you giving away your customs! You seem to be in it for the Joy not the money and I appreciate that. We need more people like you in the world. How much do you usually charge for customs though? Just wondering, ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's fun to give things away, I've probably given away as many of my creations as I've ever sold. :) For simple customs I usually charge $20-75 or so, depending on what all I do to them. I do mostly minis - stablemates and some micros, but I'm starting to work on more big ones. ;)

      Delete