Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A Quick Little Update

I've been chipping away at a new saddle pad over the past couple of weeks or so.  It still has a ways to go, but it's coming along.  I think this is one of the more intricate patterns that I've done.  It's a new one that I came up with, based on another real pad.


After yesterday's great unpacking debacle, a familiar face is back to modeling for halter making.  


I came close to finishing three halters today; I'm hoping I'll get them all finished tomorrow.  They will be a yellow, hot pink, and another purple one.

Another thing I'm up to is looking for some Creative Challenge ideas.  I stumbled across this one a couple of days ago and, though it appears to be geared toward photography, I'm thinking of trying to adapt the list to something crafty - particularly paper crafting.  I used to be part of a little online group that did a monthly greeting card challenge and it was fun.  Things like this help to spark creativity for me, they also help narrow the focus for a given time period when I have SO MANY IDEAS coming at me at once.  I've been thinking about setting up some sort of challenge(s) for myself as far as customizing horses too.  I'm still missing some essential supplies (like paint..), but once I get set up, I'd really like to start cranking out some horses and get back to practicing my skills there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment