Friday, June 26, 2015

Crankin' 'Em Out

I made another one today.

I wasn't sure how this pattern would look, but I like it.  The material actually has sort of a paisley pattern and I wasn't sure how it would look cut into in thin strips, but I think it works.  I'm not entirely happy with how it fits her, I might try it on a different horse and see if it fits better.  It looks to me like the cheek pieces ended up a bit too long.

I did make something extra on this one: a matching lead with a custom "snap".  It's not much to look at, but I'm pretty happy with the basic shape of the snap for my first attempt at fabricating something like that.

I'm thinking I'm going to keep making these and maybe even offer a few of them for sale eventually.

Still working on locating the rest of my supplies, as far as for the leather working I had just started dabbling in before the great move.  I have no glue (wasn't allowed to bring that either...), so I'll have to get some of that before I can start building leather stuff again.