Today I worked on several little things, mostly parts of the first costume.
I built a saddle tree - my very first!
The book I'm following says to use polymer clay to build the tree, but I haven't used that yet and didn't feel like trying it today. So I decided to go with epoxy for my first try. I then decided to work on a bunch of other small bits of the costume while waiting for tree to harden.
Next up was to build the start of the stirrups,
the stirrup leathers,
and the stirrup bar strap, to be measured and finished when the tree is done.
I also put together the base for the breast collar.
Unfortunately, there wasn't much more I could do, because I need to go get some floss to start on braid work and tassels. Yes, even with my big collection of floss, I still don't have quite the right colors...
As always, when working with epoxy, I had some left over. So this guy got part of a neck.
Another little project for today was this, the start of my very first mini scale blanket. I'm very happy with how it's turning out!
It was a great day!