Sunday, October 25, 2015

MOAR Mini Bodies

I needed more bodies, particularly more mini bodies, like I needed a hole in the head, but...


... here are 24 more of them....


... aaand 24 moar.


Yep, 48 shiny, brand new (to me) unpainted G2 stablemates have landed here, all the way from the UK.  I bought them from the Utterly Horses closeout sale.  I held out as long as I could; I had actually wanted to order them a while ago, but when I saw that Utterly Horses was going out of business, I had to get a couple packs of these guys.

I do love the G2 molds; I have fond memories of customizing a bunch of them, and some of them doing well at the shows, before my hobby hiatus.  They were shiny and new around that time, after so long with the G1 molds being the only Stablemates around.  The G1s are still my favorites - just because they were the very first ones that I had and that I started to work on.  However, several of the G2s are up there too: the Stockhorse, the Saddlebred, the Thoroughbred, the Andalusian, the...  haha.

My plan for this new herd is to get them painted; I'm sure several will be remodeled too.  I'd like to do a lot of live show raffle/auction donations next year, that was always something that I enjoyed doing.  It would also be fun to be able to get my work out in the show world somehow, while I'm unable to show.

Also, I have an idea to offer a "horse painting" class at the Arts and Crafts Center here, as a way to possibly build some interest in model horses.  If I do such a thing, these unpainted bodies will perfect for that.  So I'll keep at least a handful of them for that possibility.

I certainly have PLENTY of mini bodies now!  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment