Friday, October 8, 2021

Wood + Laser = Leaves

Tomorrow is a vendor show.  Most of the summer, I was vending at the farmer's market in town.  There I peddled my wares, which consisted of chicken eggs, and laser stuff.  Also some spaghetti squash from the garden, as the season wound down.  The farmer's market wrapped up two weeks ago, but I had my sights set on a couple of other events and the first one is tomorrow.

I'll be taking mostly laser things to this one, but also chicken eggs.  So many chicken eggs.  For the laser, I'm still trying to sell off some old product inventory, but I always enjoy making a few new things, too.  

This is a sign design that I came up with a month or so ago.  For my "first draft" I did a color fill.  This is where the letters and design are engraved into the wood and I fill them with color.  Today I decided to work on a version 2 and here's what I came up with.  Now the leaves and words are actually cut out from another layer and glued in place.


I'm really happy with how it came out.

It was fun cutting out all of the leaves, too.  I did a few versions of them as well, playing with different colors and different stem thicknesses (the first ones were paper thin and would not have been very strong at all)


In somewhat related news: I'm hoping to maybe try and do some autumn-themed model horse (and chicken?) pictures soon.  A few recent shopping trips have spontaneously yielded a bunch of fun props and, um, tiny costumes...

Sooooon.  (I hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment