Today I started on the latest round of reorganizing the Studio room. I pulled a bunch of stuff out and put in the two new storage carts. They look good in there and will be much more useful than what I had in that spot - which was a computer cart, serving occasionally as an extra workspace and mostly a place to pile stuff.
Then I did a bit of leather working. I finished dying the pieces for my very first leather saddle. The pieces turned out a lot darker than I thought they would. They look black here, but they are actually a dark, dark brown. I had to really saturate the pieces to get any kind of even color.
Then I did a tiny bit of leather stamping. I had briefly played around with some of that before I dyed the saddle pieces. I had really wanted to do something to the leather, some sort of design. But I tried and tried on a few scrap pieces, using the two stamps I have, and I couldn't get anything to look right. So my first saddle is going to be plain. Eventually I want to learn how to stamp and carve leather, but that'll come later. I did manage a somewhat decent little bit of basket weave stamping today after studying the pattern on a saddle. Some of these are crooked, but I think it's a good start.
It was good to spend some time in the Studio and I'm hoping to do more of that tomorrow. I might even start assembling the saddle!