Sunday, January 10, 2016

Costume Progress - More Pictures

Yesterday I did a quick post on the progress of the costume.  Here are a few more pictures of how it came together.

First step was to cover the epoxy saddle tree I'd made with the base fabric.

Next, I covered it with the actual fabric that I'll be using for the seat.

The book I'm following mentions using clothespins to clamp things together, but it mentions that wooden ones might not be good, because the glue can fuse to them too.  All I have are wooden clothespins (mini ones), so I modified them a bit by putting little strips of scotch tape on the parts that will be clamping.  (this worked great, by the way)

A bit of a test fit on the model.  In doing this at this phase, I learned that my rear panel was too long - despite having done test fits all along.  Hmmm....

I briefly considered taking the rear panel apart, or making a new one.  However, it works just fine if I attach it further up under the saddle and side panels, so I went with that option instead.

Scotch-taped clothespins in action:

After all of the glue had a bit of a hold, I rubber banded the whole contraption onto my model for some "training".

And that's where I left it!

I've still got quite a ways to go on this costume, but I'm really happy with how it's looking so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment