Sunday, January 3, 2016

First Project of 2016 - Lapis Lazuli Saddlepad

My first official project to be worked on in 2016 is a cross stitch saddle pad, specifically another done from my "Lapis Lazuli" pattern.


The first was, what I considered at the time, the best saddle pad I'd made.  It sold at the very first show that I offered my saddle pads for sale.


It was inspired by the colors of my favorite semi-precious stone, lapis lazuli, and was the first (and so far only) time that I used metallic floss on a pad.  I had pulled the colors right off of a big chunk of lapis that Jeff had bought for me during one of his deployments to Afghanistan.


I was sort of sad to see the "lapis pad" go, but I was very happy to have had the chance to meet and chat with its new owner.  I told him that I loved the pad so much, I might make another one.  "No!" he had exclaimed, laughing.  Well, a little over a year later, I have indeed started on another one (with a couple of small changes).  However, this one isn't going anywhere - this lapis pad is mine!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment